02/06/201902/27/201910:00 am12:00 pm
Sequoia Hospital – Health & Wellness Center
749 Brewster Ave., Redwood City
Do you or someone you love have diabetes? Diabetes Empowerment Education Program™ (DEEP™) is an evidence-based diabetes education program for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes. DEEP encourages lifestyle changes while learning about your diabetes and the way it affects your quality of life.
- DEEP sessions are interactive and involve demonstrations, role play, games, and other engaging activities for group learning.
- Six, 2-hour weekly sessions.
- No cost to participate
- Understanding the human body
- Diabetes risk factors and complications
- Nutrition education and meal planning
- Medications and accessing your health team
Classes are twice a week for 4 weeks for 2 hours each. To register call 650-367-5998